Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ban Vs. Dove

I recently got two deodorant samples in the mail. 1 Ban Invisible Solid in the Sweet Surrender scent and 1 Dove Ultimate Clear in the energizing grapefruit and lemongrass scent. Both smell invigorating and delightful.

The real test for a deodorant for me though is how long it lasts. For this test I kept all other factors besides the deodorant the same and before each trial I showered.

The first day I tried the Ban, mostly because it was the closer one to my location at the time of drying off after the shower. I have to say I love both scents equally, they are very refreshing. After I put the Ban on I went through my day like normal and by about 6-8pm I could tell it was wearing off slightly. I could smell B.O. under the scent of the deodorant. It wasn't bad but noticeable, all in all Ban had a good run.

The next morning after I showered I put on the Dove deodorant. Again pleasant smell, and again I went about my normal day. However the Dove was still going strong at 2am before I went to bed...in fact it is still going strong right now, I haven't yet had a chance to shower today so I would say hands down, if I can give a long lost friend a hug after not having time to take a shower for a day and I still smell awesome then Dove is the winner!

Anyway, it is not like I am a huge sweater, but I would say I fall in the normal perspiration range. So if you need something long lasting Dove would be the way to go, ban I guess would be good for people who don't perspire much or who's sweat was fairly low on the odor-meter. Even though I don't sweat a lot, my sweat ranks high on the odor-meter so it's awesome to know Dove can work wonders for me.

While we are on the subject, I also got some Fresh Mint Sensodyne in the mail and I LOVE it after the first use I could tell a difference in the sensitivity level of my teeth. My teeth have never been very sensitive but lately they are crazy sensitive. Probably a sign that I should go get a dental check up but right now I have no insurance and can't afford it. What I can afford though is a nice big tube of Sensodyne! lol =P

Well on the today's freebie list;

SunSilk Shampoo sample, awesome!
Degree
Southwest Body Cream Sample
GBC Kit Just check it out, there is a selection of samples to choose from.


Request a FREE sample of Belly Butter from Mommy's Bliss.

Call: 1- 877-457-4955 to request free sample. Use code - PNBJUL08

Quote From Site: "Mommy's Bliss Belly Butter has been created to nourish and moisturize your skin using natural ingredients and essential oils. Our Belly Butter relieves the itchiness and irritations caused by your beautiful expanding belly and even helps to avoid and reduce stretch marks!
Keeps skin elastic helping to prevent stretch-marks 100% natural Contains nourishing botanicals."

Offer is good until Dec 31 2008

I will probably have some more later tonight.

No comments: